- You should keep lateral flow tests at home
- You should keep lateral flow tests at home to use if you have symptoms. You can order these free of charge from https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests or by calling 119.
- From 1 October 2023, the way you access tests may change. More information will be available at www.nhs.uk/CoronavirusTreatments.
- You should take a test if you have COVID symptoms
- If you have COVID symptoms, you should take a test immediately, even if your symptoms are mild.
- If your test is negative but you continue to have symptoms, you should take another test on each of the next two days (three tests in total over three days).
- You should report your test result where possible at https://www.gov.uk/report-covid19-result or by calling 119, using your NHS number and postcode. This will ensure your test result is visible to the NHS, to support referral and assessment.
- You will not be able to report the result of a test purchased from a pharmacy or shop through the gov.uk website but this will not affect your access to an assessment for treatment.